On December 13-14, 2010 Green Alternative and Teghut Defense Group - a civic initiative in Armenia, organized the conference in Yerevan, Armenia.
The Conference aimed to reveal and discuss the concerns of experts and non-governmental organizations related to one of the most controversial mining initiative implemented in Armenia – Teghut Copper-Molybdenum Mining Project.
The Statement adopted by Conference calls:
the Armenian authorities to:
• suspend Teghut mining project until reassessment of its environmental impacts;
• arrange for non-biased and comprehensive environmental impact assessment in accordance with international best practice;
• commence consultations with Georgian authorities and the public on the potential transboundary impacts of Teghut mining project.
And the Georgian authorities to:
• ratify the Espoo Convention;
• engage in consultations with the Armenian authorities to identify likely environmental impacts in the transboundary context.
For additional information,
Please, contact: Teghut Defence Group at: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Green Alternative at: email@example.com