This briefing outlines the main issues with the Nenskra hydropower project shortly before both the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and the European Investment Bank will decide on financing the project. The problems relate to:
- the transparency of the project contract,
- the rights of indigenous people,
- social impacts assessment, land acquisition and livelihood restoration,
- public participation,
- a conflict with the Bern Convention,
- the environmental flow of the affected rivers.