Vacancy Announcement: Community Support Coordinator
Association Green Alternative (GA), an environmental advocacy group, is currently seeking a highly motivated and dynamic Community Support Coordinator under GA international Financial Institutions program, funded by CEE Bankwatch Network.
S/He will support communities and individuals whose rights were violated under IFI funded projects and programs, bring the voices of communities to decision-makers, national and international media, provide support in implementation of GA/BWN joint workplan
- Relevant education, training or experience;
- Minimum 3 years of experience (professional/volunteering) in the non-governmental sector, media and communication;
- Excellent spoken and written English and Georgian;
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills;
- Management of multiple tasks;
- Ability to travel in regions and outside of the country.
Main functions & Responsibilities;
- Supporting and attending advocacy activities;
- Building connections with communities;
- Support GA/BWN campaigners in communication, fact-finding, events and etc;
- Investigation of specific projects and support the development of complaints on local and international redress mechanisms;
- Provide support to other GA/BWN events and meetings;
- Sharing information to Georgian and international networks;
- Providing blogs/infographics and other relevant media materials for Green Alternative and BWN web pages;
- Closely communicate with BWN Democratization and HR team;
- Attend internal and external meetings relevant to organizational outreach and staying on top of overall political context;
- Provide input to fundraising and reporting activities if required;
- Participate in team-wide processes, planning and evaluations;
- Work on other projects as assigned by the Supervisor
- Relevant professional or voluntary experience within NGOs or media organizations;
- Experience working with social media
- The letter of motivation should demonstrate why you want the job, stating why you wish to work for a Green Alternative and how your skills and experience are relevant for the job requirements detailed above ** applications without a motivation letter would not be considered.
- Contract type: temporary (2 years)
- Additional information regarding the Green Alternative and CEE Bankwatch Network is available on www.greenalt.org and www.bankwatch.org.
The position offers to in the multicultural environment, gives the possibility for professional growth; flexible working hours; The unique opportunity to work in a flexible and dynamic work environment; A direct experience with advocacy from the civil society perspective to national and international decision-makers; The possibility to take responsibilities and expand knowledge on IFI’s safeguard and sectoral policies, environmental and climate change processes.
Closing date for applications: 30 January 2022 by Midnight.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
Expected start date: 14 February 2022